Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

On Database Open 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzibit7

Technical User
Jun 20, 2006
US
I have two distinct user groups, for one group I would like for them to be able to see the switchboard when the database is first open; for the other group I would only like a form that has all there current assignments come up. I am thinking the code would go something like if currentuser() is a member of group1 then open the switchboard else if currentuser() is a members of group2 then openform XXXXX with currentuser() assignments. I have not used access in a year or so and I unsure how this would be implemented, any help would be appreciated, thanks

Thanks dhookom, I have user level security setup. I think now I may just create a switchboard that hides options based on certain groups. Is there any vb programming needed for this?

I've done this before but I havent used access in over a year. I guess what I want to be able to do is only show certain objects in a form to certain groups. If I remember correctly in the form ONOPEN I would have to have some kind of vbscript, to do this the problem is I cant recall what that is. Do you have any idea where I could find this information. I found something in the FAQ's about only allowing an indidual user access to there own data which will come in handy, but I could not find the proper code for this. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back