Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

On-Click Form Input Box Scrolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krus1972

Programmer
Mar 18, 2004
US
I have a input form box at the very top of my webpage that is used solely for displaying text for reference to the visitor. This input box is used because the look and feel of a form input box fits the look and feel of the webpage. I do NOT want to use it as an actual form entry. The real form input boxes, in which the user can enter and update information, are located at the very bottom of the webpage. I was wondering if there is a way, in Javascript, to make the browser automatically scroll to the bottom of the webpage if the form input at the top of the page is clicked...???

Any help would be well appreciated.

Hi

Something like this ?
JavaScript:
document[teal].[/teal][COLOR=orange]getElementById[/color][teal]([/teal][i][green]'id-of-your-info-input'[/green][/i][teal]).[/teal][COLOR=orange]addEventListener[/color][teal]([/teal][i][green]'click'[/green][/i][teal],[/teal] [b]function[/b][teal]() {[/teal]
    document[teal].[/teal][COLOR=orange]getElementById[/color][teal]([/teal][i][green]'id-of-your-form'[/green][/i][teal]).[/teal][COLOR=orange]scrollIntoView[/color][teal]()[/teal]
[teal]},[/teal] [b]false[/b][teal])[/teal]

Feherke.
feherke.ga

Hello,

Thanks for your response. That is not working. The browser does not scroll to the "display2" when the the "display1" input box is clicked. I've tried placing the above Javascript in the head and then within the body of the document. Here is the code I am using:

HTML:
<html>
<head>
<title>The Page Title</title>
</head>
<body>

<script type="text/javascript">
document.getElementById('display').addEventListener('click', function() 
{document.getElementById('display2').scrollIntoView()
}, false)

</script> 

<TABLE width="100%"  CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 border="0" bordercolor="#000000">	 
<tr>
<td>
<INPUT id="display"  type="text" size="40"  style="FONT-SIZE: 14px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Verdana; font-weight: bold;" />

</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td height="2000">
</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td>

<form id="display2">
<INPUT type="text" size="40" style="FONT-SIZE: 14px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Verdana; font-weight: bold;" />
</form>

</td>
</tr>

</TABLE>
</body>
</html>

Any additional help would be well appreciated.

Hi

Make sure that JavaScript gets executed after the [tt]input[/tt] with [tt]id[/tt] display was rendered.

Feherke.
feherke.ga

It works perfectly, thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back