Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

On board speakers don’t turn off when headphones are pluged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClulessChris

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2003
GB
This has been bugging me for sometime (but I’ve just got around to looking into it). When I plug in headphones the Laptop built in speakers continue playing.
It’s a Medion Laptop running Vista with Realtek HD sound card / Software.

I’ve tried updating the sound card driver, no joy. Poured over the control interface for options to change this, but can find none. I’ve searched for fixes on Google and nothing quite matches (or if it comes close then the fix still doesn’t work).

I’ve run out of ideas. Can you help?

Never knock on Death's door: ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!

Sorry I just noticed that I've posted in the wrong forum.

Never knock on Death's door: ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!

Okay, post a link here to your new thread once you've got it up, that way people can follow from wherever they start.

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

kjv1611, thanks for your input. The new thread is thread1583-1593398

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back