Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

On a preloader, is there a way to get the file to reload

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwilch

Technical User
May 5, 2003
US
Long and short:

Customer is D/L'ing the movie and a preloader is showing. For some reason if they file becomes corrupt (ie transfer gets interrupted, etc), they keep getting stuck when they refresh the page. We are having them delete the temporary internet files and it is able then to redownload no problems.

My question:
Is there a way to have flash delete the file it's downloading (in the temporary internet files) and restart?

Thanks!

Thanks oldnewbie. I think in a round about way you've given me a solution that will work. I think I'll put an "I'm stuck" button there that will load the same file with #.swf then when they proceed they'll continue in order to the next .swf without the #, in case they get stuck again.

Thanks for the idea oldnewbie, that's a great idea indeed. I do have another thought. Is there a way in AS that after a period of time in a preloader if the bytes do not increase to have it "time out"?

So if after 30 seconds if the bytes have not increased, it progresses to something else, either another frame?

Thanks for any feedback you may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back