Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

on a list item

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apprentice101

IS-IT--Management
Aug 16, 2004
US
when the user clicks on displays the seveal options, by default it places the cursor on the very buttom of the list, is there any way I can change that to place the cursor at the top of the list?

thanks

I dont follow what you are saying here. What type of list item are you using? A normal drop-down will display the value chosen by the user.

ok, sorry for not being clear.

what I mean is on a normal drop-down. Lets say you have 20 possible choices, as the user clicks on the item and therefore opens the list, the cursor, appears at the very bottom of the list, then the user scrolls up to see where does the list start. So what I would like to do, is for the cursor to appear at the top of the list when the user first opens it, in stead of at the very bottom.

thanks!

A list item will open to the value of the selected element. If your list item has a blank value, then this appears at the bottom of the list and is therefore displayed in the drop-down as the lat item.

The only way to work around this is to set the value of the item to the first item in the list:

[tt]:block.list_item := Get_List_Element_Value('block.list_item',1);[/tt]

ok, that is what I mean, when the list item has a blank value, I will give it a shot.

thanks Lewisp

Be aware that if your list item is a database item it may cause the block to think a new record is being inserted, even when the user hasn't done anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back