Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OMA with multiple email Domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebadge

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2003
GB
Hi,

Can anyone help with a problem I have with OMA.

At present I have a server running exchange enterprise 2003, which has been configure to receive email from multiple domains registered in the recipients policy.

We have domain1.com as the default policy which is also the domain name of the system. We then have domain2.com, domain3.com as recipient policies.

We are receiving email to all of the domains configured and users can access their accounts when using OWA over the internet. This works for all users regardless of email address.

The problem arises when using OMA with a user that has a different email address to that of the domain. for example A user has the email address user@domain2.com.

When they login to OMA using their domain credentials of user@domain.com a message appears stating "Your account is not configured for wireless access. Please contact your administrator."

The following event is also posted in the application log on the server

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeOMA
Event Category: (1000)
Event ID: 1901
Date: 21/10/2004
Time: 12:30:32
User: N/A
Computer: MAILSERVER
Description:
User user@domain.com does not have a valid mailbox that ends with the SMTP proxy address domain.com. Please make sure that the correct SMTP proxy address is set on the Outlook(R) Mobile Access virtual directory in Internet Information Services.

This error only happens in OMA as the same user can login to OWA without any problems.

Does this now mean that I have to set up additional SMTP virtual Servers to support the domains required and also create DNS Zones on the DNS server.

I would recommend setting up a UPN for each of the other domains that you are hosting, then changing each of the users Accounts to reflect the new domain suffix. that way they could log in with their email address regardless of what the default domain is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back