Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OLEPublic Class Definition lost (COM EXE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaxman9

Programmer
Feb 26, 2002
US
I am having a problem with a class definition. It is a form that I defined OLEPublic for single use. I build to an EXE. This has been working great for many months.

I added additional functionality to the class and when I rebuilt the project, the class is no longer flagged as OLEPublic.

I attempted set the OLEPublic check box in the CLASS INFO form. I save the class, rebuild, but I do not get a COM exe and the class does not have the OLEPublic status when I check the CLASS INFO form.

I can mark any other class in the VCX as OLEPublic and the build results in a COM object. It's just the one I need that won't take.

I am not sure what I have done to "break" the class and I could really use some help here. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATED:

I created a new class, reproducing the class's properties and Methods. I was able to build the EXE. The new class did NOT lose the OLEPublic setting and it worked fine with all the new fucntionality and.

However, when I deleted the problem class from the VCX, I have the same problem again with the new class I created. Not sure if there is a problem with the VCX, thoughts?

Thanks,
msc

I aplogize to whomever replied to this post when it was in the "GENERAL" forum. Evently, posted in the "incorrect" forum and the orginal post and replies were lost.

I've also had VCXs behave slightly odd sometimes - eg a single class stop working.
But I too have never got to the bottom of it - I just rely on having source code version control to make sure I don't lose too much.

Chris,

It does get frustrating, eh? I was on the Universal Thread and some recomended that when this problem crops up, to remove any ActiveX components and see if the OLEPublic flag will hold.

I have not have the problem again (yet), but when I do, I will try the sugestion and post an update.

Thanks for the insight,
msc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back