Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OleMainThreadWndName!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwilder

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2001
US
Anyone know what this is? I have a workstation that keeps having problems and this keeps coming up as an application that is hung up. It mostly affects the functionality of the printers, but often the OS itself and all programs freeze. Jason Wilder
IT/CAD Manager
"When I go, I want to go in my sleep like Grandpa. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Go into task manager and click processes tab (after you get the message) What is the name of the file with the highest thread number? (exactly as shown)

I had the exact same thing happen today. Do you get a timeout error while printing? In the event viewer has a shared file or resource missing, or can't be found? The user removed the shares or somehow the share was corrupted.I shared the folder with one other person and the error disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.