Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OLEDB exception

Status
Not open for further replies.

datenis

Programmer
Jan 22, 2002
CA
I'm using C# in VS 2005 and trying to create a OLEDB connection to a pervasive database. I'm using remote desktop connection to run the code in debug mode.

On my connection.open call I get an exception that says PS_MSG_N4827

My connection string looks like this: "Provider=PervasiveOLEDB;Data Source=LiveData;Location=Fisto";

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks

- D

I've seen that message before but can't remember what caused it.
- What version of OLEDB are you using?
- What happens if you run the code locally (rather than through a remote desktop connection)?

You might also want to make sure that POLEDB.DLL, POLEDBER.DLL, and POLEDBSY.DLL are registered on the machine where the code is running.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

I'm able to get around this issue by using the pervasive data provider instead, and I'm planning to continue using it.

Before going further I'd like to ask are there any really strong reasons to use the oledb data provider over the pervasive data provider?

Nope. I would suggest using the Managed Provider (Pervasive.Data.SqlClient.dll).

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back