Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OLE SizeMode not working when control is activated

Status
Not open for further replies.

1DMF

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
GB
Hi,

Can someone advise how I get the XLS embedded object when activated to zoom to fit the control?

I have
Code:
Me.Office.SizeMode = acOLESizeStretch

Which works fine with the preview (icon) display, but when the OLE object is activated , the active frame is smaller than the object frame.

Here is a screen shot of what I mean...

OLE_d7orpo.png

1 = Unbound OLE object frame
2 = Activated XLS loaded into OLE object

As you can see the "thumbnail" (2) displays correctly stretching the content of the underlying document to fit the object frame, but any XLS that is smaller (1), activates in a small frame.

What's bizarre is if I minimize the DB, say to view this browser session, when I go back to the DB the frame has resized itself?

OLE_dyao7w.png

How do I get the activate frame to resize to the containing OLE object frame?

Thanks,
1DMF

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"
Free Electronic Dance Music

As you can see the "thumbnail" (2) displays correctly stretching the content of the underlying document to fit the object frame, but any XLS that is smaller (1), activates in a small frame.
oops just noticed I got the (1) & (2) the wrong way round in that sentence and it seems 'Edit' is on a timer?

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"
Free Electronic Dance Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back