Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OLE IDISPATCH ERROR...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdam

Programmer
Oct 28, 2001
AR
Hi.

Mike, I want to see you now. (I don't know how this idea is expressed in English but when someone has all the answers and you think now he hasn't, in Spanish say like this)

I'm testing a class form to print Fiscal documents throught a fiscal printer.

When the printer returns an error I trap it and show the message or know what to do. Off line, no paper, and so.

For getting this there is an Activex file called FISCAL051122.OCX (FISCAL.OCX for friends)and works well less when an Exception error ocurrs.

I thought this is a "domestical" problem so I didn't requery you first (you all) but perhaps someone in Argentina can give me an idea how can I solve this problem.

I was looking for any help in Microsoft Development notes but what I found descouraged me. No only FISCAL.OCX returns 0 as error number but Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and other COM servers return erros that can't be identified by VFP.

I asked OCX's developers and they are surprised VFP "eats" error number and shows a shame "0"

If no one can help me my solution is to copy error messages and compare them for knowing what to do.

To test I send to the OCX an invalid parameter. The only help Microsoft gives is that. You ask them and they answer: "You are sending an incorrect argument to a function. Send a right argument (don't be silly) and will work"

Well. Thank you very much for your attention.

Héctor

Hi, Dave:

At first I thank you very much for your help.

I didn't considere "AERROR()" because "ON ERROR.." was enough for my erros till now. These days I read a little about it but when I saw "The same error number of on error..." I didn't go on reading.

I found the 7th element of the array error gives me a decimal number which (translated to hexa and adding a string) fits with the "embeded constants" the OCX's developpers expects. They swear VB and other languages don't have problems with these erros.

I understand perhaps you saw the foxy when he was born. You probably hold him in your arms... But I remark this:

No only FISCAL.OCX returns 0 as error number but Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and other COM servers return erros that can't be identified by VFP.

At least the first "error number" is a not honourable "0" but let's forget it.

I realy thank you very much

Héctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back