Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OLE Error Code 0x800a5077 Unknown COM Status Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

drosenkranz

Programmer
Sep 13, 2000
US
I know this is a FoxPro question but I'm not having any luck with the FoxPro Forum so I figured I'd talk to some real programmers. Most of my work is in VB but this VFP Application came along and I'm not sure where to go from here.

I'm using Crystal 7 and VFP 6.0. All of the Crystal reports run fine on the development machine from either Crystal or FoxPro. The application ran fine on the user's machine but was unable to launch a Crystal Report from FoxPro without generating the "Unknown COM Status" error.

I installed Crystal on the user's machine and the reports all run from Crystal. I can browse the data and run the reports from Crystal too. I even tried installing the entire FoXPro software on the user's machine but I'm still unable to run Crystal via the OCX from within the FoxPro App. I've already installed the latest mdac update.

Any ideas?

An ocx is usually (always?) implemented as a dll. Can you compare .dll's
between machines?

On the user's machine, can you start up any other programs via an ocx?

Compare the VFP and Crystal register entries between the two machines.
In vb, anyway, that's where the list of available project references comes from,
if I'm not mistaken.

Jim

oracle, vb, some javascript

I had a problem like that and use the approach that Jim is sugesting for trackin the dll I used a small utility showdll is 150 kb
my email is

germanrc@tld.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back