Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OLE error code 0x80080005: Server execution failed - This error appears when generating excel file 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gryff15

Programmer
Sep 21, 2016
PH

This error "OLE error code 0x80080005: Server execution failed" appears only on one user. But other users don't encounter the problem. I tried to run on mine, I don't encounter the problem. It's frustrating. I checked the ODBC, it was all good. I made sure no excel ran in the background before running the excel-generating program.
I also checked if the user has access in creating files in the folder, it was also okay.
I also tried to run other programs that generate excel, it also popped up the same error. I don't know what's wrong with the user's computer.

This is where the error I believe triggered:

Code:
#Define xlEdgeBottom 9
#Define xlEdgeLeft 7
#Define xlEdgeRight 10
#Define xlEdgeTop 8
#Define xlDiagonalDown 5
#Define xlDiagonalUp 6
#Define xlNone -4142
#Define xlThin 2
#Define xlContinuous 1
#Define xlInsideHorizontal 12
#Define xlInsideVertical 11
#Define xlCenter -4108
#Define xlBottom -4107
#Define xlContext -5002
#Define xlRight -4152
#Define xlUnderlineStyleNone -4142
#Define xlLandscape 2
#Define xlAutomatic -4105
#Define xlSolid 1
#Define xlThemeColorDark1 1
oXLS = Createobject("Excel.Application")

With oXLS
	oWB = .WorkBooks.Add
*** some codes
Endwith

Kindly help.

- webrider -

Have you manually loaded Excel to ensure there isn't some kind of start-up message that needs to be dealt with before adding a workbook?
Could be a security thing

Also, have you checked with taskmgr to see if Excel is loading?

Another thought, if you are running Office365, you do need the software installed locally for automation to work.

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm trying to cut down on the use of shrieks (exclamation marks), I'm told they are !good for you.

Thank you for your responses. I will have to wait till Monday because our work shift already ended, Philippine time, and the user already went home. I will get back to you once I tried your suggestions. :)

- webrider -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back