Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OLE DB instead of ODBC for some reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny9864

Programmer
Sep 27, 2013
CA
I want to know if anybody tried or succeeded doing this :

I want to move some ACCPAC reports to OLE-DB instead of ODBC connections (excluding any datapiped reports of course).

When I change the connections to these reports using OLE-DB I have no problems printing them from the Crystal Reports report editor. When it prints from ACCPAC, the report cannot connect. And it makes sense as the report connection gets "set" by ACCCPAC, server name and database name gets changed when ACCPAC calls the report. From what I know the server will be changed to <servername>32 (where <servername> is my SQL server) and the database to whatever is set in my database profile for that company.

I tried to set in the HOSTS file of the computer the host name <servername>32 to create sort of an alias to the SQL server for the report (I am not using instance names in SQL). I proved that by pinging <servername>32 and I get an immediate response. But when printing from ACCPAC, the report still cannot connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back