Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OLE DB for iSeries DB2 that shows libraries

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE

Technical User
Oct 25, 2000
US
Hi,

I realize this should go under data access but the last post there is nearly a year old and I wanted to make sure someone saw this.

I manage a crystal server for a company of about 1000. I do not have control of the "official" ODBC connections that get pushed to users and I'm tired of fighting over them. I'm spending too much time fixing users connections only to have the network guys push out something that breaks it. The network guys don't understand why I need them to be a certain way since there is nothing that they do that is affected by them. So I want to switch everything to OLE DB. SQL server databases are easy, but about 30% of the reports access an iSeries.

I was able to create an OLE DB connection for the iSeries, but I can't see the libraries. Most of my users are not going to be able to work with that. Actually, I don't want to have work with it because my only way to explore the iSeries databases is through Crystal Reports.

I'm not set on this being an OLE DB connection, what I need is an iSeries connection for crystal reports and crystal server that is not going to be messed with and changed on me where we can also see the libraries and have the files and logicals grouped... basically that looks like what our ODBC connection would look like if I had complete control of it... lol...

Thank you in advance for any suggestions, clues or recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back