Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OLE Container Control and Menus

Status
Not open for further replies.

KowCiller

Programmer
Aug 5, 2002
US
Hello all-

I've embedded microsoft word 2000 into my VB form via the OLE Container Control.

My main form holds an activebar, menus, etc that cover the whole application. The form that I open up the OLE Container Control on is a sub form (ie it still has the activebar on the left, app-wide menus on the top).

When I embed the word application, the normal File, Edit, etc menus are shoved at the very top of the main form, instead of the subform. Why does this happen? I tried playing around with OLE Container Control in a totally separate blank project, and it appears that no matter where the OLE control is, the menus for embedded word are always at the very top of the form...

How can I move these menus to a desired location? It would be ideal of the whole embedded app was inside the OLE container, and didn't jump outside of it....

Thanks for the help!!

Aaron.

If you have the "NegotiateMenus" property of the form set to TRUE, then the forms menu elements will show up along with the OLE apps menu elements.
If set to false, then only your apps menus will be displayed. [/b][/i][/u][sub]*******************************************************
General remarks:
If this post contains any suggestions for the use or distribution of code, components or files of any sort, it is still your responsibility to assure that you have the proper license and distribution rights to do so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back