Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OLE/COM objects and methods information 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastermagrath

Technical User
May 21, 2004
US
Hi,

Does anyone know of a tool that records the objects/methods etc that get called during user interaction on windows?
I want to automate a few windows applications via OLE but i find really difficult to know what COM objects and their available methods i need to use. I've got oleview.exe but it seems really difficult to find what you need, the only way i was able to find out what objects/methods were used for automating internet explorer was by finding code snippets on the web. What resources does a programmer consult to find out this kind of info?

Thanks in advance

I'm not that familiar with OLE/COM programming, so I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for. But if you're just trying to get the class names & properties for the different GUI components, I just use the WinInfo tool in Rational Visual Test for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back