Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Old System! 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

falwiz

MIS
Oct 24, 2003
US
I reciently started a new job testing and repairing NT,QPC cards for a local telecommunication company. One problem I ran accross is that they have an Option 11 with 18 software on it (old eek)and have to do work arrounds on certain phones. What level software do i need to test 3904s properly? Second prolem is that we have an old ST cabinet with level 19 software on it for one of our test switches but the last tech didn't give us the password. This system is not in use right now but would like to know if I can get into it so i can use it as an in-house tester/CO switch.

Thanx
Falwiz

Release 25 is when 3900 series sets became available, so Rel. 18 will have no idea what you mean by a 39xx reponse.

I am not aware of any way other than ETAS dialing in to tell you the password in the event it is lost. Someone on this forum may know, but I am also sure they will not post that info here.

My suggestion is to get in contact with an authorized maintenance provider (if your company is not or is not working towards that now). You can the open a ticket to get that done. This also assumes your comapny is the registered owner, and willing to pay the fee.

Hope this helps,

Scott M.

a less expensive way to recover the password for any switch is to install the software and load the default data base. then on that rls the password will be 0000... you need any install floopies for that rls, 17 of them and the keycodes.. without the right to use, reg with nortel they will not backdoor that switch..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John, only the opt11 will allow you to load a default database with the password of 0000. For the ST it would not give you that option. That was a swap the data cartridge and there were no keycodes for them. I can't think of anyway, other then what Scott said, to get the password. By the sounds of what they want to acheive it would not help knowing the ST password because the 39xx wasn't even thought of back on rls 19.

older rls software, even the 21 51 series had that same password. you may be right about that rls. the default password was the serial number without the 1st digit.. if tid was z56123 the default was 56123... thanks for the mem bump..keep me honest

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I can still recover the passwords from the older cartridge software by looking at a backup copy taken from LD 43 "XBK" (Which has had a copy done to a external drive).
I'm also able to get hold of the codes via a modem access to the system. You will need to contact me if you require any help. I'll only do this if I think that there is a genuine requirement!.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

We use to just run a program (like a script in Procomm) on the older switches for the password because they would not Lock you out after 3 attempts.
Logi
xxxx
logi
xxxx

and so on.

Would that be a procomm plus type script for the older systems?. On the later versions, you can still log into a system after you have had exceeded your failed logins (OVL 400) by logging with using the top level "ADMIN2" level.
This only applies to named login!.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back