Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Old Session Stuck In Restore List

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoffm

IS-IT--Management
Sep 8, 2010
US
I am running Arcserve r12.5 (Build 5854). When I open the restore tree it has two choices for my Exchange server. There is the one that is presently backed up and an identical reference in the list that was backed up last year. I cannot merge them as the media doesn't exist any longer. How can I delete that old session out of there?

That info is maintained in the database, go there to delete it.

Ok, I was able to figure out how to go in and edit the database after much reading. I really appreciate your response that helped greatly. Thank you!

the backup job is most likely configured with a static selection. If this is the case the job needs to be configured with a dynamic selection.

If the Document level backup has a dynamic selection then the issue is with Exchange itself not completely removing the deleted mailbox names.

In these cases the deleted mailboxes are not displayed in the Exchange console but Exchange itself is still somehow making references to them.

In this scenario the client do the following:

A. Address the with Exchange itself and consider running the exchange utilities provide by MS. (isinteg..etc)
B. Another solution is to utilize the Filter option provide our agent and exclude the deleted mailboxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back