Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OLD SCHOOL MDU issue rls 17.76. Will not access any loads

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtc123

Technical User
Mar 30, 2011
US
When I log in and try to access any loads I get a IOD100 01 followed by a OVL005. I tried to DIST and ENLT no help.

I have another NT8D69 MDU unit but the procedure to replace wants a back up.

My thoughts where INI the system. Then reboot. Then reinstall. In that order. It is a hospital and I am worried it wont come back up.

Also, didn't we have to be on TTY port 0 to install software back then?

Any OLD SCHOOL tech with a suggestion would be great.

I only found this old record below.

Several sites on 16.90 software have had problems with INTERLOOP TEST START.

IG_CONT and midnight routines running continuously
OVL111 45 MID shows when logging in.

Change the CY45 prompt in OVL 17 to 1. This limits OVL 45 to running once.

To stop the current midnights running with no overlay loaded enter DIST then ENLT, then in ovl35 use CMAJ, Logout and wait for midnights to end or alternatively initialise switch .

It's not the actual answer that you are looking for and I think your only option is to do a warm start.

Are you able to log into $$ using the admin 2 password?. If so do a "TRP" to force a warmstart, otherwise your only option will be to press the "ini" button.

I can't advise that this will resolve your problem or if it makes things worse for you.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

My suggestion would have been what you already tried, DIST then ENLT. But WOW, a Hospital running this old hardware and software? Amazing!!

When you do the DIST---the QPC742 (floppy Disk Interface) should disable---try reseatting that---also check the A1 disk---that's the disk with the overlays on it.
Try another A1 disk if you have one---they use to come with 3 from Nortel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back