Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Old School 24 channel T1, NOT PRI, Programming assistance requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2010
US
Good day all,

I have a sight with a standard T1, 24 channels, digital hand off to a DTI card, in a MICS with 4.1 s/w. This is a cold walk in to the sight. No previous work for this company, and they will be changing over to a PRI in a week or so. (Already trying to make them upgrade to 7.1) But for the time being the T1 they currently have is not functioning correctly.

After numerous attempts at getting it working, we now have outgoing calls. But incoming is not working at all. The Card is in the 1st slot, set as a T1 in hardware, enabled, and set as B8ZS and ESF, clocking is Primary.

Lines 001-024 are all set as:
Line Type: Pool A,
Trunk Type: E&M,
Dial mode: Tone,
Ans Mode: Auto,
Ans with DISA: NO,
Signal: Winkstart.

I have a target line programmed with the main number and I have verified that the system is set to receive 4 digits. But I still get a busy when I call that main line. This is a VERY old school set up, and I have not had to deal with it for a long time...Am I missing something simple? I mean obviously I am, but what is it? So if your an old school Norstar tech and remember this type of line, please help me out. I'm stumped and there is little to no information out there anymore on programming this ancient animal.

Thanks

So its an existing site with a T1 and all of a sudden they lost both inbound and outbound?

Fast busy or normal?.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Yes it is an existing, and no, not all of a sudden. Normal busy on incomming...outbound working ok.

Apparently the tech who was there previously attempted to set the system up for the PRI and do a test. This of course erased much of the information on the T1 and he didn't think to write any of the T1 programming down so that he could return it to a working state. I have more experience with the Norstar side, but it's been so long since I did a standard T1, that sadly I have forgotten it.

Is your programmed target line assigned to an extension? What is the prime set for lines 001-024? Also make sure you're set to "If busy: To prime" in Lines programming. Try rebooting the MICS. If all else fails, have the telco put their T-Bird on it and see if they can receive a call.

Sorry, meant to say what is the prime set for your programmed target line?

The only T1 I ever programmed on a MICS was way back at R1.1-XC. I had all 24 channels appearing on our 3 attendant positions as that's what the boss wanted. All channels were provisioned as 2-way trunks. We had no DID's, so I didn't need to program target lines. Once the T1 was setup for ESF, B8ZS, wink start, manual answer, etc. I treated the T1 channels as if they were regular analog trunks. We used our T1 for long distance calls so I setup destination code 1 and pointed it at the T1 line pool. Local calls were pointed at our analog line pool using destination codes 404, 678 and 770 for the Atlanta area.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Well, thought I would finalize this one. Never did get it completely resolved, and since they were switching to a PRI, they just lived with the calls forwarded to the few POTS lines they had on the system. Once the PRI was in place and programmed, everything was business as normal. The only thing left to do is get them to upgrade the system, as of right now they have a PRI on a 4.1 MICS. And we are all familiar with how well that is going to work out. Thanks for the thoughts and ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back