Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Old Nwadmin GUI help with NW7.4.2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mblm07

Technical User
Apr 20, 2004
GB
I have upgraded several NW servers now to 7.4.2, and before the upgrade I renamed the nwadmin binary and put it back afterwards so I could still access nwadmin as well as the java gui.

But when I fire up the old nwadmin all I can get is a black/white GUI with drop down lists and speed bars if I select that option. Buttons are missing and the formatting is all over the place if I select volumes or indexes button.

Does anyone know what needs to be put back to make the green admin gui get back it's full functionality.

I have tried copying Networker file into /usr/lib/X11/app-defaults from an older server but this has made no difference.

I guess that some libraries are different. May i suggest that you install the old NetWorker client on another machine and run the old admin GUI from there.

And of course - this is an unsupported configuration ;-)

Try replacing the Networker file in "/usr/openwin/lib/X11/app-defaults". This worked for me. However this clearly is not supported and I do not know what effects it might have on other 7.4.x GUIs.

If anyone knows enough about XWindows to comment on the difference between the very short "/usr/openwin/lib/X11/app-defaults/Networker" file in NW 7.4.3 and the very long one "/usr/lib/X11/app-defaults/Networker" in NW 7.2.1 (which is where I copied my version) please comment on what the chance of screwing something is. Also if someone knows how to isolate this file to nwadmin only, that would be nice to know.

Angsaskois,

As you say quite a difference in size.

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root bin 68790 Oct 27 10:20 Networker
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 815 Apr 3 2008 oldNetworker

Replacing the smaller file has indeed resolved my issue and I will post back if I see any knock on effects with the java interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back