Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Old Novel HD from a 3.x server 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamuk

Technical User
May 12, 2006
US
up until 2 months ago we had this old Novel server that was still left on so that we could get to some old files; didn't migrate these files because of lack of space on the current MS SBS. All the 'important' data was indeed migrated. Server crashed but the hard drive still worked.
I removed that HD and threw away the rest of the P3 No-name computer.

Although NOT critical, there are some data on that HD that we would like to see.

The question is: could I add this HD to an exsisting Windows XP or Small Business Server and view those files via Windows explorer? Or would I have to build (from scratch) a new computer, install Novell 3.x (if I can still find it) and mount this drive onto that newly build machine?

Zamuk

Windows will not read that disk, it's the wrong file system type. 3.x would be pre-NSS, I'd be surprised if you found any other OS that would read it.

"We must fall back upon the old axiom that when all other contingencies fail, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes

there used to be something like nimo or something like that you could mount this with

or find the floppy and scratch the head a gain

been a long time since i played with 3

Captain Nemo Pro v4 can be found here.

Have Fun!

Used it few years back for just such an occasion. Works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back