Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Old extension still shows on the other phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

omia700

IS-IT--Management
Feb 2, 2017
AE
In SV8100, after changing an extension number of a particular phone from 11-02 in WebPro, still when a call is made by this phone to another phone, the old extension shows on the other phone. Where do you fix this from?

Issue is on the Extension name. Even you change extension number, it does not change the Extension name.
Example: if you have deleted Ext 200 and assigned Ext 300 to it, it still shows as Ext 200. [If this extension is a keyphone then you can clearly identify the situation. You can see "300" on left side of the display and "Ext 200" on the right side]
Solution: You have to rename the extension name on 15-01-01.

Thank you guys!

The issue somehow is no longer there. And I did the name on 15-01 at the time I did the extension on 11-02. I don't know why a phone in another branch (probably using 3C) showed the old extension.

But the thing I remember from the past is this. I was taught it years back and recently lost my notes.

There was a place within WebPro where 2 columns of small text boxes exist. The text boxes on the left have the extension numbers as specified on 11-02. And the ones on the right, each should match the digits in its counterpart on the left. When I changed an extension on 11-02, I always went to this area to make the right text box match the left one. I am not able to find this area somehow!

I've found it.

21-19: IP Trunk (SIP) Calling Party Number Setup for Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back