Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Old DOS COBOL with lines, boxes... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crox

Programmer
Apr 3, 2000
NL
Hi,

I have some old COBOL applications in DOS. One of them is making a print with a lot of lines, using DOS characters. Because of the old printer which supported this, is almost gone, I want an other solution, for example making a look-alike in windows or html. I was looking for a TTP-font that is true compatible with the DOS character set. I didn't find a good one that is also working with MS-WORD. The lines are converted into other not-so-good-looking characters.

Does anyone know a good font or a conversion utility or.... Any suggestion is most welcome!

Perhaps an OEM charset font ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Those are not true type. Word does not support it, you can not tell Word to use that font.... An OEM charset font works for the dos-box itself.

Crox,

You can try to use this utility that allow you to print old dos chars report to an usb printer, capturing its output and obtaining a preview..Its name is: Prinfil

Link:
Hope in this help
Gianni

If the printer is HP or compatable, just send an esc (10H sequence (no space between the esc character and the right parenthesis).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back