Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Old DLL reference to renewed service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boockey

Programmer
Jun 7, 2006
BE
Hi all,
I'm having a difficult problem here.
I have written an Excel component a while a ago, this service runs at the servers of our company. There about 100 websites we created that use that excel component, and in all those projects there is a dll reference to that component. Recently i added some stuff to the component, and it seemed none off the websites could access the component anymore. I did only add some procedures and classes. I dind't chance any of those who where used by those websites.

Now my question is: is there a way that I can adapt my service without having to deploy all thos webites again. Because that is not an option. Making a new new component and call this excelcomponent2 is also not an option because than we must have 2 services running on the server. I tryed, I tryed, and I tryed, and haven't found a solution yet.

Thanks in advance

Did you try compiling the ActiveX DLL using the "binary compatibility" option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back