Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Old definity memory card

Status
Not open for further replies.

laimonas

Programmer
May 3, 2010
LT
Hello everyone,

i have old definity system, the problem is that old memory card was dead when system was restarted. Now i got another memory card, but when i plug it, system won't start correctly. What process should I do now to get beck it work?

When you say it won't start correctly...What do you mean by that?
You said the "old memeory card was dead" what does that mean....was it blank...or did it fair to start the system?
What processor board is in the definity?

...bob...

Hi, bob,

when i say "won't start correctly" i mean that when i plug definity to power,red led of procesors card blinks, then turn into yellow and after some time again turns to red.
"Old memeory card was dead" - as symptoms writen above it's obviously problem with memory card. I even cannot login to system now. And if i try to watch whats going on when system boot up, the command line show that all test is passed, till memory card test. After about 4 reboots system goes to mode where i can only see errors and make another reboot.
Processor card are TN2402 and tone clock card TN2182C.

So maybe anyone have the same sitation. How to do defaul reset to system or something?

Have you tried booting the system without the "memory" card installed?....this will let you know if the problem is really the memory card or the 2402....Memory cards don't go bad all that often..are you sure you have the correct memory card for the system....
First try booting without the mem card installed.....

Also be aware that the several processor boards may need diffrent flashcards.
Roughly said there are pre, and after release 9 flash cards. After rel 9 they are 8mb or larger ATA cards.The tn2402requires ATA cards
The flashcard holds your config and translations.The translations need to be the right version.
You should be able to start the system without a flash card, and login with a default craft login, but it won`t have any of your settings, or licenses, and most features will be disabled. If you system does not boot without a flash card, you may have a defective, or corrupted processor board, that needs to be replaced, or if you are lucky reflashed with an `orange card`

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back