Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Old ATA features?

Status
Not open for further replies.

x64

Technical User
Nov 10, 2004
US
I just got an ATA (not an ATA2) and am hooking it up to a CICS. I found out real quick that the features (Flash-*) and the M7100-like hold code (Flash-2) doesn't work on this one (give you a fast busy or silence).

I have figured out how to page... Flash-6-0 (not 6-3-0 or 6-0-3-0 or 6-1-0 or any normal feature combination)

Also, Flash-7-4 seems to place a line on "hold". I would think that this would park the call.. but its not on 101, 102, ... 108, or 109. If this is how you hold a call, how do you unhold the call on the ATA?

I also found out that if you set Terminals/Sets->DN->Capabilities->ATA Settings to "On site" instead of "off site", for some reason, whenever a call is transferred to the ATA, it immediately callsback to the originating phone... after 0 rings. This isn't a problem... I have it set as Off Site and things work fine.

My question is... how do I park a call... or at least hold it so that i can pick it up again on the same ATA. (right now i have to call someone that has a line button for it to pick it up from hold and transfer it to me).

If anyone has this list of "Flash" codes to use with ATA1... please let me know.

if I remember right it puts it on 116 or the highest park number on your system

109 is the highest in the CICS system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back