Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Old Accpac 4.1A and Pervasive 7 DB Copy dies on ARATR

Status
Not open for further replies.

spearmt

IS-IT--Management
Feb 10, 2010
US
My customer has a very old but working setup that looks like this: Pervasive SQL 7 SP6, SM 41.A SP7, AP 4.1A SP2, AR 4.1A SP3, Admin,Bank & Common Services 4.1A, GL 4.1A SP1, IC 4.1A SP1, MISys/2000 4.1A, OE 4.1A SP2, TS 4.1A. System is very old, I realize but they cannot afford to upgrade now. They are running SBS 2003 server with XP SP2 workstations. There is 10 years of data in the database which has reached 9 Gb in size. Data integrity had not been run for 3 years and no DB dump/load either. They started having small issues in AR were they could do no more than 5 transactions per payment batch or it would not post correctly, and several other issues with adding customer ship to's and so on.
The first thing I did was make sure all batches in all modules were either posted or deleted then run data integrity on all modules and fix all errors reported. I got all modules checking with no errors. DB verify gave no errors so after a backup, what I tried was to DB copy to an new DB to use as an archive that they could get into to see all the old data as I intended to clean this one up using the housekeeping tools. But the DB copy failed on the ARATR table (1.2 Gb size). I then tried a dump and load and the load failed on the same table. During the DB copy, when it failed, I checked the size of the ARATR table that did copy and it had stopped at about 525 MB's.
My next attempt was to restore from backup and try cleaning history. I cleaned everything out up to 12/31/2004. Then I dumped again (after another backup) and the load failed again on ARATR.
What would cause a table to not DB Copy or Load? Probably a number of things but how can I fix this and get they're DB cleaned up?
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Try a Pervasive Rebuild on ARATR. If it fails, it's hopelessly corrupt, so you would replace it with an empty copy from a blank database.

Thanks for your help. I ended up installing a new blank table and apparently everything is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back