Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Old 206 EC card question

Status
Not open for further replies.

baspinall

Technical User
Oct 27, 2006
US
Dumb question I know but I'm not a programming guy I'm a wiring guy. I have a customer tomorrow morning that I need to swap out a 206 EC card that apparently went bad. I have some 206 cards. My question is when I swap out the card will I have to re program the extensions that were plugged into it previously? I am assuming yes and I need to do it from X10 or X11. Is there a cheat sheet for this available?

Thanks for any help.

Brian

no reprogramming neccessary, except if you have an old Partner II or Partner Plus and the internal batteries went dead.
If you have anything newer like an ACS then just make sure that there is no message on the ext 10 that tells you to replace the batteries.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Thanks Joe! It is an old Partner Plus. I assume the batteries are fine seeing as everything else on the system is in working order. They are not Hot swappable are they? I to power down first correct.

TIA - Brian

One more question. Sorry I'm picking your brain. Will it auto sense the hunt group?

Brian

hotswappable: NO but I have some colleagues that do it anyways and it works most of the time for them, I have never done it
the cards are dumb terminals like the phones, all the programming is in the processor so it will sense whatever was in it before.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

Thank you very much. You were a big help.

Brian

no problem, good luck with it

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

I assume the batteries are fine seeing as everything else on the system is in working order.

well you wont see the dead battery until you power the system down to change out the module and power back up to a defaulted system (if the battery is dead )

I would go through and make a note of all programing before powering down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back