Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Old 123 Macro command query 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonkue

MIS
Jul 9, 2002
GB
I used 123 many years ago but haven't used it for some time. I have been given a worksheet with some macro's written in 123 that need converting into Excel. I can follow most of the script but don't understand the following:
:flb
:FF2
:FBS
:sc
:wrs
:FCBN

In each case these characters are within the macro (with commands before and after them) and it looks as though they should have an effect and don't represent the input of text into a cell. Each are as you see them - with the colon prefix.
A more complete example is:
{D 10}:wrs~5~{D 2}:wrs~5~{U 36}

I don't have a copy of 123 and don't know where to lookup the commands.
Could they have something to do with text formatting?
Any help would be appreciated - thanks in advance!

The macro uses the old WYSIWYG menu, which is used for formatting.

:flb font-lines-botton
:FF2 format-font arial mt14
:FBS font-bold-set
:sc special-copy (copies formatting)
:wrs worksheet-row-set height
:FCBN format-color-background normal

Crazybird,

This was most helpful. Thank you. Where should I have looked to find this and where can I look if I come across similar things in the future?

I still use R5 which has this ":" menu, although I never use it. (R5 has 3 menu systems!)

You'd have to resort to an old manual for DOS versions 2.3 or greater to get the info. (Books on R5 ignore the WYSIWYG menu.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back