Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OLAP Cube - Not showing Blank Rows

Status
Not open for further replies.

disgustipated

Programmer
Jul 27, 2003
AU
Hi All,

Done some searching before posting this, but not sure if I've got the terminology correct.

I have an OLAP cube that shows staff productivity information for a paritcular month, year etc.

If a staff member is terminated, they are still showing in the report.

Is it possible to filter/exclude empty rows from an olap cube when there is no data in any of the measures?

Thanks!

I know this is possible when you use crystal reports to view the cubes but I am not sure in the cube itself.

THe terminology used in Crystal is "suppress empty rows/columns"

maybe its best to serach for something like this on mircosoft site. sorry can not be any more help.

Advance Info Systems QBEX is an Excel Add-in to Analysis Services that gives the user 2 options for dealing with empty rows. You can either eliminate empty rows or hide empty rows. It also allows to elimiate empty columns.

Yes, it is possible. Use the 'NONEMPTYCROSSJOIN(Employee.Members,Measures.Members,1)' to create the filtered set of staff members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back