Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Okidata ML320 & Linksys PrintServer

Status
Not open for further replies.

warthog72

Programmer
Aug 13, 2003
US
I have a 2 port serial PrintServer from Linksys and an Okidata ML320 Turbo connected to serial 1 of the PrintServer. 50% of the time, when a print job is sent to the PrintServer, I get an error on my server saying, Register Retry, the PrintServer is busy, Automatically retry in 5 secs, OK or CANCEL. After clicking OK or CANCEL a few times, the server finally announces CONNECTION FAILED, related to the PrintServer.

Any ideas or suggestions would be grand!

I have the latest firmware for the PrintServer and the lastest driver from OKI for the printer.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

More information to add for my post:

A. When printing halts, I can unplug the PrintServer, plug it back in and remaining print jobs will print

1. Cable is Belkin IEE1284 compliant bidirectional
2. Linksys PrintServer is 2 port bidirectional

BIG question is: Is a 1999 purchased OKI 320T bidirectional compatible? I know the new ones say they are, but it seems that perhaps they are not compatible...

Anyone? Bueller...Bueller? :)

Aren't 1284 cables for paralell connections? You said it was a serial print server...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back