Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Okay, now I locked myself out. What now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdubill

MIS
Dec 5, 2006
US
Help, I did some kind of user level security with groups and such and now when I try to open the database it says that i dont have the necessary permissions to open the database. Then it tells me to talk to the person who set this up. Well that was me so that does no good. The question that I have is how does it know I dont have the proper permissions. It does not ask for a passsword or anything. I have the report that it generated when I set/screwd everything up. What do I need to do to get this back to normal.

thanks

well an easy way that when you open the file it should ask you the user name

create a shortcut of that file and in the shortcut properties on the shortcut tab in the target line type up this "C:\program fiels\microsoft office\office11\msaccess.exe" C:\MyFiles\file1.mdb /wrkgrp "C:\myfiles\file1.mdw" /user "IGPCS"

p.s. what i wrote is just an example, in the first link you need to type the full directory where the me access program is locted and in the second link you need to put the exact directory and file name where your file is located and and then if you created the mdw file (that is the security workgorup) type the exact directory and file name and then your user name

now this will work this way and will open it with the username you provide only if its a valid username from the security group you created

I will try my best to help others so will others do!!!!!
IGPCS
Brooklyn, NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back