Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OKay not sure if this is the right 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

StressedTechie

Technical User
Jul 13, 2001
GB
OKay not sure if this is the right forum to do put this in but will try anyway.

I have developed an Intranet for my company using dreamweaver. I have created some PDF documents using the full version of Acrobat. My problem is that not all our users use the latest version of Acrobat Reader. I have created a hotspot on a web page which links straight to the directory AdobeAcrobatReader\Installer\setup.exe but this fails to start without being prompted to save object to disk or open from current location. Then when it does kick off it comes up with the following error

THE PUBLISHER CANNOT BE DETERMINED DUE TO THE PROBLEMS BELOW:
AUTHENTICODED SIGNITURE NOT FOUND.

If I click Yes it starts off and works but this is added confusion to the users.
Any idea how to get rid of it. If I cick the Setup program directly from its location it works fine

Cheers

Hello RATHERbeSURFING!

Not sure, but what I think first is security settings of your (or your clients) browsers, probably it's set to require AUTHENTICODED SIGNITURE or something.

Good Luck!

I also have done the same thing with the intranet. and acctually I have laoded all our software onto the web site. So now I never need any CD's
Here is what to do.
1. make a shortcut to the setup.exe file. make it in your webserver somewhere.
2. create the link to that shorcut instead of directly to the setup.exe file.

anyway hope it works for you, it did for me. Let me know if it doesnt'

also you clients must have access rights to the shortcut folder (where you placed the shortcut to setup.exe) and to the folder that has the installation files (where the Acrobat reader program install is located).

Lvweb

Cheers LVWEB1 placing ashortcut has to the setup file has resolved this problem.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back