Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ojbect limit on a form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMCmtg

Programmer
Mar 27, 2000
US
Referring to German12 thread 184-28711 earlier today.
"object limits" on a form. 255?. . .
I built a form with a scanned picture of Colorado counties. I init the form with one label for each client, Capition "X", change the tooltip to the client's name and address etc. and drag and drop it on the map. and save the cordinates for next time. Works good(remember the wall map and push pins. . .) We are now approaching 250 clients and I think I am headed for that proverbial brick wall.

Any recommendations on the 255 limited objects.

PS Also, FWIW, I could not use drag and drop beyond the screen 600x800 on a scrollable Map Ver/Hoz 1200x1500. (If anybody knows a way to get around that?)

Any feedback is appreciated.
THX
Bill

I believe he was discussing the maximum number of fields in a record, not the number of objects on a form. That was why he had that number of objects so that he could assign one to each field. However, I don't see a number listed in the help files on how many objects you can have on a form. It does say you can have an unlimited number of objectsin a report definition, however. Dave Dardinger

Hey Dave: Thanks for your feedback.

I built a form and put over 600 labels on it!
The only difference I could see was that it
took a half sec longer to load. (Logic tells me that if reports are not limited as you pointed out, than forms shd not be either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back