Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OI Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesistar

MIS
Jan 7, 2003
US
We exported a catt from our Stage environment and imported it to our Dev. No problems there.
Our dev is a brand new instance so all new data ids etc. Issue I am having is when I do an object import from Stage to the new Dev environment, I get a Category 'Livelink Categories:Corporate Tax:Tax' may not exist- It does exist but for some reason OI is not picking it up- I remember from years ago this had to do with <location> or adding it in multiple places to the OI script. I just forget where to enter it or maybe that’s not it . Any ideas???

Location tag like that will parse that exact string 'Livelink Categories:Corporate Tax:Tax'
In new livelink it is called "ContentServer Categories" or so it may be like that. OI will need the categories on the target system before imports will work.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Hey Appu- thanks for the reply

I have the categories on the new system in the exact same "place/structure" as our current Stage- I guess I will add the location.

Hi-

so someone else did an xml export of the catt from Stage into this new Dev but I used the transport warehouse and still get the same result. I also tried changing to ContentServer Categories but that also did nothing. The export script from stage uses 'Livelink Categories' - I have no issue with these scripts in the other environments that are built from copies of the DB... its just this new Dev is or was a clean database ... ugh frustrated..

i would do this.On your system where you want to do an export

1)Go to your PWS
2)Create a Folder and a Document
3)Add a Ctegory from the category Volume to your document and submit
4)Export this location using OOB Object Exporter of OT.
5)Look in the OI XML it produced it should show you where this livelink is keeping its categories

6)Compare this XML OI file to the OI file you generated and spot the difference better still if possible run this OI in the traget systems and see if you can get the document
you created in source on the target.
Usually Categories are XML Exported and this sis what Transport Warehouse uses.To create it back one uses XMLimport.
OI XML /OE XML is used to create objects such as folders/documents with metadata is livelink

if you open a XMLExport file it will look like thsi
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
-<livelink UserDependents="true"
</livelink>

and OI file will be like this
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<import>
<node>
</node>
</import>

it si easy to confuse them

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back