Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ohci1394 driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjones9034

Programmer
Aug 25, 2003
US
Hi all,

I am trying to install Linux RedHat 9.0, but the installation freezes on me at "Loading ohci1394 driver"......and stays there for ever.

This installation was on my HP Pavillion laptop with Intel P4, WIN XP PRO. What suprises me most was that I installed the same software on my desktop with the same Intel P4, Win XP PRO, and it was sucessfull. Please has anybody come accross this problem?

Never mind guys. I found a solution. Thanks all.

Hey im getting the same problem installing redhat on my laptop what did you do to fix it. Pleas respond or someone else if they know the solution let me know If not on here email me at Blackbart_thescurvy@charter.net

Thanks

When you boot he CD and get to the first installation screen, NOTE: Depending on your needs:

Type Linux nousb......then enter if no need for usb.

Type Linux noprobe......then enter if no need for RedHat to probe your hardware.

Type Linux nofirewire......then enter if no need for additional features that some notebook has for fast data transfer.

Type Linux nopcmcia......then enter if no need for cards needed like wireless or modem cards.

For example: If you dont need the usb, probing and cards.....then you type: linux nousb noprobe nopcmcia

The installation should go smoothly. Also to boot after installation, you will need to type the same thing again to boot. If you still having problem, you can reach me at tjones9034@msn.com Good luck.

Timi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back