Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OHCI compliant IEEE 1394 host controller fiasco

Status
Not open for further replies.

kes101

Technical User
Aug 22, 2003
GB
Hi every one. Please can you help me on a problem I am at my wits end with. I have a Fujitsu P4 1.4GHz running XP PRO. When I took delivery of this PC(second hand)I installed a fresh copy of XP PRO and all is well. But when I look in device manager And go into the IEEE controller I am getting a yellow exclamation mark and the full message is OHCI compliant IEEE 1394 host controller (error code 10)this device cannot start. The thing is I have no cards except an AGP video card installed. I have tried un installing and letting XP re install without success. Can someone please shed some light on this.And tell me what it is please.

Thank you

Does the computer have built on Firewire ports? I would get the chip set drivers for you motherboard and install them if you havn't allready.

Hi thanks for your reply. No this machine has no built in firewire ports. But there is a blanking plate which is missing from the PCI slots which suggests a card of some sort has been removed(possibly firewire). Would i be correct in saying that there is a header on the motherboard which requires connecting to a firewire card???
And if i install such a card the error message may disappeared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back