Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oh no! Search subject lines is gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLowder

Programmer
Mar 20, 2002
Sorry not vb but I went to search subject line and that option seems to be gone. I'm at a loss cause my search words are, well everywhere. I'll repost my issue in new post. But please why is this option gone? Or am I just not seeing it.

Tom

Nope. It's gone. Weird.

I'll answer your question, not solve your problem

I've never been a big fan of TT's searching. Instead, I usually use google. You can restrict google to return results from a single site like this:

[tt][blue]
site:tek-tips.com Your Search term here
[/blue][/tt]

-George
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
My Blogs
SQLCop
"The great things about standards is that there are so many to choose from." - Fortune Cookie Wisdom

>Nope. It's gone. Weird.

Well, you may notice that the whole form is redesigned. In fact it's a whole new search engine. And TPTB are looking into reinstating the Subject line option

>never been a big fan of TT's searching

See above

> Instead, I usually use google

Were you aware that the Google Custom Search box at the top of the Tek-Tips pages does exactly that?

Yes. I was aware of that. I mentioned it only because the OP may find that method useful for searching other sites too. I know the Double D's having been working on the search for a long time and I'm glad they are finally making some progress.

-George
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
My Blogs
SQLCop
"The great things about standards is that there are so many to choose from." - Fortune Cookie Wisdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back