Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OG on R9

Status
Not open for further replies.

tek2011

Technical User
Sep 29, 2011
CA
Hello,

Does anyone knows what OG stands for on R9? I know O stands for out of service and G is for the HG but my HG isn't out of service nor there are any time profiles.

Any ideas?

It just means that you are part of a hunt group, it doesn't have to be active to be on your screen.

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

look at you phone user guide

example from 1408 user guide

Phone Status Letters
The series of letters that appear in the top left of the display are used to indicate the status of various features.

idle display

• B = Barred
A B is shown on your phone's display when the system administrator has set you to outgoing call barred status. You will only be able to make internal calls while this is applied.
• D = Diverting (Forwarding) Calls
A D is shown on your phone's display when you have forward unconditional enabled.
• G = Group Member (In Group)
A G is shown on your phone's display when have been configured as a member of a hunt group and your membership is enabled. While this is the case, you may receive calls targeted to the hunt group.
• N = No Calls (Do Not Disturb)
An N is shown on your phone's display when you have do not disturb enabled.
• O = Out of Service
An O is shown on your phone's display when any of the groups of which you are enabled as a member is set to night service mode. In that mode calls to that group are diverted to its fallback if set or otherwise to voicemail if available.
• T = Twinned
A T is shown on a phone's display if it is internally twinned with your phone. Calls to you will alert on both phones and can be answered by you at either phone.
• S = System Alarm
If you are configured as a system administrator, an S in the phone's display indicates a system alarm.

I do understand about G but what about O?

It displays both OG at the same time on my display and this happened when we upgraded to R9 from R8. I'm part of a HG and active and receive calls but what is this new O in front of G that's all i want to know if anyone knows about it. Again this is only on R9 and not on any previous rel

tek2011 the guide explains it all, An O is shown on your phone's display when any of the groups of which you are enabled as a member is set to night service mode. In that mode calls to that group are diverted to its fallback if set or otherwise to voicemail if available.

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

Tek2011, check manager, it will show one the groups you're in set to Out of service or Night Service, no doubt about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back