Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OFS 2016 update KB5001969 causing shared file issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJZeak

Programmer
May 3, 2008
CA
KB5001969 has caused an issue where MS ACCESS can no longer open Shared Files ... MS posted an acknowledgment of this issue on 22/Dec/2021 (for 2016 and above) and stated that to correct this, users must manually go to the ACCOUNT screen in ACCESS and press the update Button ... I have 3 OFS Pro 2019 Licenses where this worked 100% but I also have 7 OFS Pro 2016 Volume Licenses that are missing the Update Button and I can't seem to find any way to invoke this special update on my 7 2016 licenses.

OFS 2016 local repair doesn't fix this issue ... the Online Repair Option via Apps and Features, like the update button, is also missing ... the 6 manual online KB5001969 updates available online from MS's support site are missing whatever patch is available via the update button is providing

Also tried to add Registry dwords that were supposedly going to turn on the Update Button ... this also failed.

Can anyone possibly share how to do a manual update for Volume Licenses of OFS 2016 Pro (32b)?

Note: we use 32b OFS installs to maintain backward compatibility for OFS 2003 mdb apps

Thanks in advance for any advice you can share

So at the very last second, I have tracked down the Manual KB for this issue

ace2016-kb4484211-fullfile-x86-glb.exe

Installed and confirmed this is the patch I was looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back