Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Offsite VPN user setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

etim97

Technical User
May 23, 2012
US
My company uses VPN's for their offsite offices and right now we have to bring in the computers to the main office to setup new VPN users on existing computers. The VPN works fine but I am unable to setup new users at the location when required. We use sonicwall firewall for the VPN. So why can't I setup new VPN user's at the site? I know there is something I am missing about this. New VPN users won't connect using the same computer an existing users are on.

I do not know a lot about the capabilities of the Sonicwall, however, having just configured a Sonicwall (not yet tested) for VPN access we used the Global VPN Client option. As far as I am aware, user accounts can be set and then the laptop is automatically logged on and client software loaded.

Try here for the tech files on it:-

Search for GVC

Yes I should be able to setup new VPN users through sonicwall yet it won't connect to the server until the user is established and it won't allow the setup unless there is a server connection. Hence my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back