Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Offsite Notification 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekunishan

Technical User
Mar 12, 2002
US
Hello all,
I am at wit's end on this:
Customer has NVM 4.0
Offsite notification was set up, until toll fraud occurred.
I disabled offsite notification, somehow too well, and now I cannot figured out how to set it back up.
I'm not asking any of you if YOU remember what I did, just some insight on what to check.

Here's what I've had the customer try:
Logging into Mailbox, press 8 (admin), 6 (off. not.), when they press ADMIN, the display spits back 'not init'.
I've had them go into Sys Coord. mailbox and set up Outdial to a know Line 13, but still gives that 'not init' error. I know this is a simple fix, but cannot think straight. Thanks in advance!!

there is no line 13 ...
try to dial out on a pool

no...that would be a route.
How dare you not take Senk1s advice.

You can use any line (channel)number in the PRI as long as it is a provisioned channel. Off-premise notification accepts only Pool or Line number.
When you disabled the feature, did you remove the off-premise notification from the Service Class for the mailbox or did you change the available channels for outdial to none?

no...It does not use the line number. You must put the route code before the notification number. When dealing with PRI the line number is a "dummy" line that is ignored.

Though after reading the original post I would agree with Sprucegrovers statements about COS and outdial channels if it is saying "not init

Class of Service on the mailboxes are set to 1.
The number of Outdial Channels are set to 1. I know this was set higher last time, but shouldn't it still take with 1 channel??

did you or anyone else edit the COS.

Do you remember how you restricted it?

Yes- one should be enough

I just read you original post again.
I think your customer is just not going far enough into the process. I think you may get that "not init" when the mbx has never been set up for notification (though I cant remember for sure.) I think you just need to go onsite and try it. I think that even though they are getting "not init," there are still soft keys they can press. I say this because even if your out-dial was none, you should still be able to notify to another internal DN.

Ok "not init" is normal that means that he has not built it yet. After you hit ADMIN it will say "Not Init" then if he waits a second it will come back and ask "Destination" then you just follow the prompts. As far as the line goes it will work using line 13 off of a PRI but it will only work on 13. So like it was said before you really should point it to go out of a Route. Good luck.

thanks for confirmation Hawks- thats what I was thinking, but could not remember for sure.

I'm gonna give the customer a call, tell them to slow down, and give me exact information. Sorry to involve all of you in this issue, it's probably an O E problem. I will post back with results, thanks again to all!!

Hello,
Definitely an end user issue, they weren't reading the dislay back to me properly. They freaked after seeing 'not init'. Thanks for the help everyone, now I have to sell them on a FastRAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back