Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Offset printed or digital printed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Apr 7, 2004
US
Hello is me again. what is the diff. between "Digital printed" or "offset printed?" Which one should I use for flyers. Thanks ;-)

You can use either. Cost is the most important factor. You can judge quality by asking your printer for samples.

Talk to your printer: most that print digitally also maintain traditional offset presses. Compare samples and costs from a printer that supports both techniques.

To complicate this decision, there is now digital offset printing from presses like HP's Indigo.

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

Agreed....
Cost and Quality (as well as turnaround time) Pretty much will determine the method of printing you should use.

As quality increases cost usually follows. You should determine what your budget is and then find the best quality printing method you can get for that price.

If you figure this out in the begining, you will know how to design your piece. B/W, Spot color, Process color, etc..

Digital printing usually refers to what amounts to high quality color copies. Although as mentioned above some of the newer machines such as the Indigo line of offset digital printers are pretty remarkable.

Arent the Indigos limited in what paper stock can be run?

We use the Indigo when we only need 300 pieces or so. I think the price break is at 1000, then you should look at offset litho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back