Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Offline use of Clientele 7.3 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedline

MIS
Jul 4, 2006
CA
I am new to the company and tasked with getting an offline version of Clientele working. I have managed to import the data from the SQL 2000 Db into Access, created a ODBC connection pointing to the Access db, but I get a "SQL binding error 3151: ODBC connection to <db name> failed"

The company doesn't want to purchase the connector for remote users just for a week, so what are my other options??

Thanks

It is not that easy, there is much, much more involved then just creating an ODBC connection to the Access database. you have ctel.sys, ctel.bin files that everyone uses etc. This will not work. We do not use Connector either. We have some success with users that use Clientele when they use vPN so that they can access the shared files. Very few however. We have more luck with users that go through terminal server or Citrix so that they grab Clientele from there. Many of our users set their workstations/laptops up for RDP access and then access the network with VPN and then RDP into their machine and grab it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back