Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Offline/standalone Google Chrome management

Status
Not open for further replies.

acfreema

Systems Engineer
Jul 9, 2024
US
I have been asked to help with a project that involves regularly updating nearly 100 Windows VMs with standalone Chrome installations on an offline network. Recently, management started requiring updates for all software be applied in a timely manner, but Chrome presents a pretty big hurdle.

After some looking around, I found that the standalone Chrome can be updated via an msi file, so the update can probably be pushed out with group policy. I tested the update on a virtual machine on my computer, and it worked perfectly, but I don't have an AD test lab with several other systems to see if this will work in practice.

Has anyone else used this method of managing updates for multiple standalone Chrome installations? Any differences with offline or online behaviors? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back