Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

offline personal folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Dec 17, 2007
ZW
hi guyz

every time i try to make all my mail to be delivered to my .pst file an error "the personal folder file .pst you selected does not match the format of your offline folder .ost" pops up. ihave tried the outlook help but nothing comes up , guys can u really help as im stuck. im using outlook 2003

any ideas are welcome

carol
believe in all possibilities

Cached Exchange mode only works if you deliver messages to your Mailbox. If you want to deliver to a personal folder, i.e. not have your mail stored on the server, then uncheck Cached Exchange mode in Account Settings.

thanks chipk

i have tried that but still i get the error popping up.let me send the whole error message. "the personal folder file .pst you selected does not match the format of your offline folder .ost. to correct this select a personal folders file that supports Unicode or disable the use of offline folders"

right now i have turned off cached exchange mode and the error still pops up when i try to get maill delivered in my personal folder

pliz guyz help

carol

guyz

i finally found the a way around the prolem. to disable offline personal folders you uncheck cached exchange mode as chipk said then click on more settings then select offline personal folders and then disable offline personal folders.

thanx for your contribution. you can keep suggestions coming in

carol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back