Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

offline page to show all Users by bypassing login screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quarm

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2002
GB
Hi Everyone, hope someone can help,

This looks simple but I shall elaborate further. I have a web page online with links to it. I basically have to save this web page with peoples e-mail addresses to a lan network for people to view. The problem comes when after successfully creating a shortcut to the web page from a network drive, lets say H: drive, and modifying the webpage in dreamveaver by cutting all the buttons and hyperlinks that enable a user to browse (this is essential). Now, the problem is that this website reqs a username and password, simply creating a short cut dont work because it takes you back to the beginning.

I basically need a web page on the network that can synch with an online page, this would allow people to see who is logged on...without that person logging in themselves. So all they could do would be to view the current users (no navigation permitted).

This is really bugging me. Hope someone can help.

Thankyou.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back