Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Offline Folders: Changing Local Path

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooyah

IS-IT--Management
Jun 18, 2003
US
Hello,

My system has a 4GB system partition and a 54GB Data partition. It is my desire to keep as much non-system data on my data drive. Just in case I need to reinstall my OS (not exactly uncommon!) I like to keep these files seperate so that I can getto them...been very handy when sys partition gets corrupted...

What I would like to do is to change where my offline files are stored. That is when I select "Make Available Offline" in the properties of My Documents (redir'ed to a network share) I would like those offline files to actually reside on my data partition.

Can anyone please let me know how to do this!?

Much appreciation!
Cameron

Relocate your profile from C: to D:; Womdpws will adjust to the changes. The easiest way to do this is from My Computer and draf and drop the profile to the D: drive.

I tried this and I get a system message that enlightens me to the fact that this is a Windows system folder and cannot be moved or renamed...any ideas?

Thanks for the quick response!
Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back